Festive Drinks to Enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is nearly here, and whether you have any Irish heritage or not, many people like to throw on some green attire and join the celebration. For some people this means corned beef and cabbage, but others prefer to use March 17 as a chance to enjoy green beverages. Here are some fun and festive drink ideas!
I haven’t personally tried all of these, but I put a call out for festive drinks and these recipes were among the ideas I received.
- Baby Guinness: Despite the name, this drink doesn’t involve any beer, but instead, looks like a mini beer. In a shot glass, fill until 2/3 of the way full with Kahlua and then top off with a splash of Baileys.
- Shamrock Juice: 3 ounces of vodka, 1/2 ounce of Midori, 1/2 ounce of triple sec, shake and pour into a martini glass.
- Grasshopper: Combine 3/4 ounce of creme de menth, creme de cacao and light cream. Shake and pour into glass.
- Pillow Mint: Over ice pour 2 ounces Irish whiskey, a splash of peppermint schnapps and two splashes of Kahlua.
- Honeydew Martini: Combine 1/2 an ounce of gin, tequila, light rum, and vodka with 1 ounce Blue Curacao and 4 ounces of orange juice.
- For a green beer, add about three drops of green food coloring to your beer of choice, or you could try adding Midori or Blue Curacao.
- If you prefer something non-alcoholic, try making making a minty shake by mixing ice cream, peppermint extract and a dash of green food coloring for a festive treat.
If you do choose to enjoy alcoholic beverages as part of your celebration, please have a sober friend drive, or have plans to call a cab.