Hampton Bar Destroyed By Fire
The Naughty Pine Tavern in Hampton was destroyed by fire on Thursday, according to the Dakota County Sheriff's Office. The fire broke out in the bar around noon. The sheriff's office said someone was cutting metal in the basement and then left. Something apparently smoldered from that and got the fire going.
There were no injuries reported and the person who lives in an apartment above the bar was not home at the time of the fire. Two dogs, however, did perish in the fire.
The fire is not considered suspicious. Firefighters from the Randolph-Hampton fire district worked on the blaze.