Utility providers would like to remind everyone to clear the snow away from natural gas appliance vents around your home. Vents are normally located on or near the foundation of your home. It is important to keep both the intake and exhaust vents clear.

Recent conditions have caused drifiting snow to accumulate around homes, clogging vents. Clogged vents can cause Carbon Monoxide to build up in your home and poses serious health risks to you and your family.  Make sure your carbon monoxide detectors are in working condition as well. For more information contact your natural gas supplier or heating contractor.