HUGE Recall on Blood Pressure Medication
Valsartan, a blood pressure medication, is now being recalled because the FDA says the drug contains a chemical that is toxic to the liver and other organs.
Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research told Fox 9 : “We have carefully assessed the valsartan-containing medications sold in the United States, and we’ve found that the valsartan sold by these specific companies does not meet our safety standards. This is why we’ve asked these companies to take immediate action to protect patients."
The recall list includes these manufactures:
- Valsartan - Prinston - Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Valsartan - AvKARE
- Valsartan - A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Valsartan - Bryant Ranch Prepack, Inc.
- Valsartan - HJ Harkins Company
- Valsartan - Major Pharmaceuticals
- Valsartan - Solco Healthcare
- Valsartan - Northwind Pharmaceuticals
- Valsartan - Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) - Proficient Rx LP
- Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) - Remedy Repack
- Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) - Solco Healthcare
- Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) - Teva Pharmaceuticals Injustries Ltd.
For more information on this recall, click here.