Owatonna Same Day Clinic Appointments Begin February 6
Starting on February 6th, if you need to be seen by a medical professional in the same day clinic, they are asking that you make an appointment. According to the Mayo Clinic Health System website, they will have walk-in availability after 5pm and on weekends. There will be appointments made from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. You can call them at 507-451-1120 to schedule an appointment.
"The Same Day Clinic currently offers three options to get care, depending on a patient's needs:
- 1. Patient Services staff will first determine if there are any openings in the Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics Departments.
- 2. If there are no same-day openings in those departments, staff will work with patients to have them seen without an appointment in Same Day Clinic for conditions that are less severe.
- 3. Patients with more complex conditions will be asked to schedule a formal appointment."
The Same Day Clinic will see the following conditions:
- Cold/flu symptoms like fevers, cough, etc
- Rashes including chicken pox
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Upper respiratory issues, including sinusitis or bronchitis
- Test for Strep throat
For the full list, you can check here.
The Same Day Clinic will not treat the following, for the full list of conditions you can check here.
- Opioid refill requests
- Chest pain
- Illness in any infant less than 4 weeks old, and no fevers in infants under 3 months
- Active nosebleed
If you are suffering from any of the above they ask that you make an appointment with your doctor, or go to the Emergency Department for acute symptoms.