8 Tips For Attending Twins Opening Day 2019
My husband and I never miss a chance to catch the first game of the Twins home season. It's become one of our annual traditions. When I first started going to the home opener, I made a lot of rookie mistakes. Our experience flows a lot more smoothly now that I know some of these crucial tidbits. Now that we're opening day vets, we kick back and enjoy the game!
1. Bring a light jacket. The weather forecast is calling for sunshine and 51 for a high...but, if you're in a shady spot it might get chilly.
2. Get to the game early. The first 30,000 fans get a free puffy vest! Plus, there's always a bunch of pregame festivities you won't want to miss! I saw Shawn Mendes at opening day once!
3. Take the train. I don't know about you, but I hate sitting in traffic. If you take the train from Big Lake to Target Field, you skip the traffic.
4. Pack your own lunch. The Twins actually let you bring in your own snacks and unopened water, milk and juice containers. Save some money on the small things and enjoy the game!
5. Get $5 beer and cheaper concessions. If you do want to buy stadium food, the Twins announced cheaper prices this year at the State Fair concession stands in Sections 133 and 237.
6. Prepay for parking. I use the ParkWiz App. It's crucial that if you're driving down to the game, you prepay if you want to get there on time. You don't have to drive around, sit in traffic and hope there's a spot for you. I've been there and it's horrible.
7. Get free pop. If you aren't going to be drinking alcohol at the game sign up to be a designated driver at the Good Sport Kiosks and they'll hook you up with a free pop. You can find the kiosks on the Main Concourse near section 130 and on the Terrace Concourse near section 222.
8. Charge your phone. They have a charging zone if your phone dies. Trust me, you'll want to make sure it's fully charged so you can get those opening day photos! You can find the charging station in section 114 and in the Delta SKY360 Club near 573.