Cannon Falls’ Caitlyn Smith Set To Perform At The Leinie Lodge During The Minnesota State Fair!
The Minnesota State Fair announced the FREE entertainment that will be performing this year, and while the list of performers is impressive, what was really cool to see is that one of our own, Cannon Falls' Caitlyn Smith who is having a lot of success with her Country music career will be back in Minnesota during the fair and performing at the Leinie Lodge!
Caitlyn will be performing at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 27, and Sunday, Aug. 28 as part of Bandshell Tonight! sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. according to the release from the Minnesota State Fair this morning.
Joining Smith in performing on the Leinie Lodge stage this summer will be other familiar names and faces including:
- Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry (Aug. 25 & 26) 8:30 p.m.
- DSL* Dire Straits Legacy (Aug. 29 & 30) 8:30 p.m.
- Low Cut Connie (Aug. 31 & Sept. 1) 8:30 p.m.
- The Family Stone (Sept. 2 & 3) 8:30 p.m.
- The Jayhawks (Sept. 4 & 5) 7:30 p.m.
There are of course other forms of free entertainment throughout the fairgrounds over the run of the Minnesota State Fair, some of the other acts that are playing at the fair, followed by what stage they will be on are:
- Annie Mack (Aug. 29 & 30) 8 p.m. Schell’s Stage at Schilling Amphitheater
- Turn Turn Turn (Aug. 31 & Sept. 1) 8 p.m. Schell’s Stage at Schilling Amphitheater
- First Avenue Goes To The Fair (Sept. 2 & 3) 8 p.m. Schell’s Stage at Schilling Amphitheater
- Bad Girlfriends (Aug. 31 & Sept. 1) 8 p.m. Bazaar After Dark at the International Bazaar Stage
- Funktion Junction (Sept. 2 & 3) 8 p.m. Bazaar After Dark at the International Bazaar Stage
- Salsa del Soul (Sept. 4 at 8 p.m. and Sept. 5 at 7:30 p.m.) Bazaar After Dark at the International Bazaar Stage
You can see more of the free entertainment that was announced on the Minnesota State Fair's website, by clicking here.
The 2022 Minnesota State Fair will run from Aug. 25 through Labor Day, Sept. 5.