COVID-19: Four More Deaths in Minnesota, Half of Total Cases Recovered
St Paul (KROC AM News) - The Minnesota Department of Health Sunday reported four more COVID-19-related deaths in the state.
That increased the total to nine.
The total number of confirmed cases has risen from 441 on Saturday to 503 on Sunday.
Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm said Sunday long-term care facilities have reported 11 health care workers have tested positive so far. She said a total of 25 long-term care facilities have reported at least one confirmed case involving a worker and/or resident.
Half of the overall confirmed cases have recovered and no longer need to be in isolation. Olmsted County’s total has risen from 37 to 47.
The number of COVID-19-related hospitalizations has risen to 75. Just over half of those patients remain hospitalized and 16 are in intensive care.
The number of completed COVID-19 tests as of Sunday was put at 17,657 (16,000 on Saturday). The percentage of positive cases remains at less than .03.
As of Saturday, the age range of confirmed cases was 6 months to 104 years.
The MDH said Saturday all the earlier victims were in their 70s and 80s and lived in the Twin Cities area. Four of the five were residents of long-term care facilities.
The new MDH report indicated 45 of the state’s 87 counties have confirmed cases of the virus.
Here are the totals from counties in SE Minnesota: