Dennison Days Grand Marshal Looking Forward to Her Honor
Nordis Estrem of Dennison told KDHL AM Minnesota listeners today she will try anything. Estrem and her husband, the late Don Estrem started Estrem Excavating in 1969 with one dozer and it's grown into a business that's lasted a half a century.
Dennison Days is the local celebration that is put on by the local Lions Club and Don was a founding member of the local Lions organization. A display of past buttons is located in the Heritage Bank lobby in Dennison. I was told Don was instrumental in getting the display completed. Our AM Minnesota program was broadcast in the conference room of the Dennison bank.
Estrem joined us on the program along with Eric Organ from Heritage Bank Dennison. The 2019 Dennison Days Grand Marshal and her husband started the Truck and Tractor Pull which has been somewhat of a centerpiece of the celebration of the small community which is partially in Goodhue and partially in Rice County.
Estrem told KDHL that is of course one of her favorite events of the weekend but she is also very partial to the Car Show because the owners, "Put so much time into their vehicles. Fixing and cleaning them up so they shine." Estrem added the vehicles also help you go down memory lane.
Dennison Days is Friday and Saturday. Friday night Marlea's is presenting a Garden Tractor Pull at 7:00 p.m. in front of their establishment downtown.
Saturday is full of fun for the entire family. At 7:00 a.m. there is a BBQ Cook Off with over $500 in prizes. Judging begins at Noon. To register or for more information phone 612-968-9547. Other activities include:
- All You Can Eat Dad's Waffle Breakfast 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. under Mainstreet tent
- 7:30 a.m. Sign up for Clutchmen Truck and Tractor Pull at pull site- contact Larry Enfield 507-789-6692.
- 8:00 a.m. Citywide Garage Sales and Street Vendors begin.
- 9:00 a.m. Truck and Tractor Pull starts on the hill.
- 9:00 a.m. Euchre Tournament at City Hall. More information Jen Eggum 507-649-0602.
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. American Red Cross Bloodmobile is downtown. 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Bloodmobile is at Dennison Church.
- 11:00 a.m. Cow milking contest across from Fireside Lounge and Supper Club.
- 11:00 a.m. Food stands open downtown.
- 11:00 a.m. Joel Stenhaug and Jim Tracy Memorial Horseshoe Tournament in City Park presented by Dennison Lions.
- 11:00 a.m. Wagon Rides weather permitting sponsored by the Dennison Lions.
- Dunk Tank is downtown throughout the day.
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Kiddie Carnival and Games beside City Hall
- 1:15 p.m. Kiddie Parade (12 and under) starts the Main Parade on Mainstreet. There's a $100 prize for the Best Parade Entry. Sign up at Noon or contact Diane 612-532-0268.
- 2:00 p.m. Purse and Power Tool Bingo under Mainstreet tent.
- 4:00 p.m. Kids Pedal Pull on Mainstreet pre-register 3:30 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m. to Midnight enjoy live music from "Juniors Farm" on Mainstreet Stage. Ages 18+ event. No cover charge. Must be 21 to drink. Presented by the Fireside Lounge and Supper Club.
Pretty cool for a community with a population of about 210 don't you think?
For any changes in events go to dennisondays.org