Faribault and Cannon Falls Roll in Homecoming Games
The Faribault Falcons had a 20-0 halftime lead and never looked back against Red Wing at Bruce Smith Field tonight, The final score was 34-0.
The Cannon Falls Bombers homecoming game against Zumbrota-Mazeppa was the featured broadcast on KDHL. The Bombers dominated the Cougars 54-7.
Faribault Bethlehem Academy suffered their first loss of the season in Harmony falling to the Fillmore Central Falcons 19-8.
The Falcons game was broadcast on POWER 96 Radio and carried live on the Faribault Public Schools YouTube channel and will be replayed on FCTV.
Faribault finished the game with 505 total yards on offense compared to Red Wing's 172.
The Falcons rushed for 393 yards and threw for 112 while the Wingers finished the game with 45 yards rushing and 127 yards passing.
Senior running back Mathias Lenway had 228 yards on 25 carries and two touchdowns.
Senior quarterback Hunter Nelson finished with 104 yards on 11 carries and three scores. He was 9 of 15 passing for 112 yards.
Issac Mata caught two passes for 51 yards. Johnny Frank had 3 catches for 34 yards. AJ Worrell two receptions for 8 yards.
Red Wing senior quarterback Cooper Chandler was 7 of 13 passing for 75 yards. The Wingers leading rusher was Antonio Finley with 59 yards on 13 carries.
Their leading receiver was Tyler Rodgers with 5 catches for 79 yards.
Defensively Ian Ehlers led Faribault with 6 tackles. Mathias Lenway had 5.5 tackles and a fumble recovery. Owen Schultz also recovered a fumble for the Falcons.
Elijah Hammonds had 5.5 tackles including 3.5 sacks.
The Malecha's Auto Body of Faribault Crunch Time Faribault Players of the Game were Hammonds on defense and Nelson and Lenway on offense.
The Cashwise Foods of Owatonna delivery of the game was the performance delivered by Faribault's offensive line. Center Tim Neirby, guards Devin Lockerby and Roman Garcia, tackles Brady Beske and Brody Esser delivered hole after hole for Lenway and company to run through.
Here are other football games from around the Faribault area Friday.
- Blooming Prairie 47 Waterville-Elysian-Morristown 0
- Blue Earth Area 55 LeSueur-Henderson 6
- Cretin-Derham Hall 27 Apple Valley 14
- East Ridge 31 Eagan 13
- Eden Prairie 13 Rosemount 3
- Fairmont 28 Waseca 15
- Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop 44 Medford 6
- Kasson-Mantorville 42 Albert Lea 14
- Lakeville South 36 Farmington 14
- Leroy-Ostrander 33 Mountain Lake Area 6
- Lewiston-Altura 21 Caledonia 14
- Mankato West 49 Rochester Century 0
- Mayer Lutheran 36 Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton 0
- New Prague 31 Northfield 6
- Rochester Mayo 53 Rochester John Marshall 6
- Shakopee 42 Edina 14
- Southland 56 Lyle/Austin Pacelli 8
- St. Peter 22 Jordan 21
- Woodbury 28 Burnsville 0
- Goodhue 34 Dover-Eyota 20
- Grand Meadow 20 Spring Grove 17
- Lake City 13 Plainview-Elgin-Millville 7
- Prior Lake 17 Lakeville North 14
- Stewartville 28 Byron 20
- Tri-City United 26 Belle Plaine 13
- Triton 31 Pine Island 29
- St. Clair 14 NRHEG 13
- Lanesboro 48 Houston 0
- Mankato East 20 Winona 7
Thursday night scores included:
- Randolph 50 Winona Cotter 12
- Rushford-Peterson 35 Wabasha-Kellogg 0
Saturday games are:
- Noon Hayfield at Kenyon-Wanamingo
- 1:00 p.m. Austin at Owatonna
- 2:00 p.m. Lake Crystal-Wellcome Memorial at Maple River
- 2:00 p.m. Sibley East at Norwood-Young America
- 3:00 p.m. United South Central at Alden-Conger/Glenville-Emmons
The Falcons are at Kasson-Mantorville next Friday on POWER 96 Radio and the POWER 96 app beginning 6:45 p.m.
The featured game on KDHL and FREE KDHL app will be Bethlehem Academy's Homecoming game against the Kenyon-Wanamingo Knights Friday night at 6:45 p.m.
This is fascinating.
LOOK: 30 fascinating facts about sleep in the animal kingdom
Did you know this?
LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds