Nude Pine Island Man Quite Visible Thru Window Drinking Coffee
Some are funny, some are confusing, and far too many are frustrating. People doing dumb things that could easily kill someone. The crimes and interactions may give you a better idea of the huge list of things a Sheriff's Deputy deals with in a week.
The Best Of The Week
The Best of the Week is decided by a very select group of people, people from around the globe, people from down the street, and people named James.
Under the category Domestics / Disturbance/ Suspicious:
Pine Island- Report of a male who stands in front of his window, naked while drinking his coffee. The suspect said he did not know anyone could see him and that it would not happen again.
This reminds me of an ancient limerick I just wrote...
From the Animal Complaint department...
- Wacouta TWP- Report of a person in a canoe that was chasing pelicans and other shorebirds. Deputies were unable to locate the suspect. The case was forwarded to the DNR.
I could not understand why someone would want to chase pelicans and other shorebirds (also, Minnesota has pelicans?). Here's one possible reason...
Potent Pelican P'Facts
The American white pelican formerly ranged throughout much of Minnesota, with nesting documented as far east as Aitkin County in 1904. The species declined in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, largely due to human persecution (because of their consumption of fish). (Source: Minnesota DNR)
A Sock Full of Pennies Upside the Head Award
To whoever did this...
Bellechester- Theft of a purse. The theft occurred at a church while the victim was there for a wedding.
You're at a church...if you need help, reach out. It's one of the things churches do really well.
Goodhue County Sheriff's Office highlights for 9/21 - 9/27/21
Domestics / Disturbance/ Suspicious:
- Zumbrota- A male was arrested for having Felony Warrants. A search of the male also produced 2 baggies of meth.
- Pine Island- Report of an assault that occurred. All of the witnesses said they heard a fight had occurred but nobody knew any details.
- Pine Island- Report of a male who stands in front of his window, naked while drinking his coffee. The suspect said he did not know anyone could see him and that it would not happen again.
- Goodhue TWP- Report of a violation of a harassment restraining order via text messages and phone calls.
- Wanamingo- Report of a male trying to get into a vehicle with tools on the roof of the vehicle. The male was located by deputies trying to get into the car. He was identified as a locksmith opening the vehicle for the owner of the vehicle.
- Welch- Report of fraud. The victim ordered ammunition and did not receive it.
- Pine Island TWP- Report of fraudulent charges on the victim’s credit card.
- Zumbrota TWP- Theft of scrap metal. The victims were able to provide a description of the vehicle. Suspects were located and they have been identified and the suspect's vehicle was towed due to unrelated traffic offenses.
- Bellechester- Theft of a purse. The theft occurred at a church while the victim was there for a wedding.
- Wanamingo TWP- Theft of a toolbox, socket set, wrench set, angle grinder, chainsaw, and a plasma cutter.
- Wanamingo- Theft of tools from a vehicle.
- Pine Island- Theft of a necklace.
- Pine Island- Theft from vehicle.
- Pine Island- Report of a stolen vehicle. The owner of the vehicle let someone borrow it and they did not return it. The vehicle was recovered in Minneapolis.
- Wanamingo- Theft of 2 toolboxes from a garage.
- Leon TWP- Report of theft of hemp plants.
- Wanamingo- Theft of a vehicle. The vehicle was involved in a short pursuit and crashed. The suspect ran into a wooded area. The suspect has been identified
- Pine Island- Report of a theft of items from a garage. The incident was caught on video.
- Pine Island TWP- Theft of catalytic convertor
Wacouta TWP- Report of a person in a canoe that was chasing pelicans and other shorebirds. Deputies were unable to locate the suspect. The case was forwarded to the DNR.
Zumbrota- A vehicle was stopped for going 97 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. The driver was found to be impaired. He was arrested and charged with 2nd degree DWI.
Zumbrota- A vehicle was stopped for going 72 MPH in a 55 MPH construction zone. The driver was found to be impaired and was arrested for 1st Degree DWI, Driving with a CANCELLED-IPS status, and no proof of insurance. This was his 4th DWI arrest in less than 10 years.
- Welch- A vehicle was stopped for having a brake light out. 2 people in the vehicle had felony warrants and were arrested. 1 person in the vehicle was arrested for 3rd-degree drugs.
- Vasa TWP- A citation was issued to a driver for going 61 MPH in a 30 MPH zone.
- HWY 52- Multiple citations were given out for drivers going 75+ in a 65 MPH zone.
- Pine Island- A driver was stopped for not having a front license plate. The driver was found to have suspended driving status and had no proof of insurance. A citation was also given to the owner of the vehicle for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive and no proof of insurance.
- Dennison- A driver was stopped for going 78 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. A citation was issued.
- Cannon Falls- A Driver was stopped for going 80 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. Their driving status was revoked and they were required to have an ignition interlock in their vehicle which they did not. The driver received a citation for all violations.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
After All That Reading You Need Some Nourishment
If you seem to be eating at the same four places every time you go out, take a slow look at this list...and see if you find some new place to tickle your taste buds.