How Minnesotans Can Help Victims of the Australian Bushfires
I keep hearing about these horrible bushfires happening in Australia. How it's displacing and killing so many people and animals. But how can we help Australia when we're all the way over here in Minnesota? There are multiple different organizations that we can donate to, to help out. The list comes from KARE 11.
KARE 11 reports that the Australian bushfires have burned over 12 million acres, "dozens of lives have been lost, thousands more people have been evacuated and at least 2,000 homes have been destroyed." On top of that, millions of animals have lost their lives. CNN reports that the family of the late Steve Irwin has saved over 90,000 animals, which is amazing.
If you're interested in helping Australia through this extremely difficult time, here is the list I had mentioned of places you can donate:
- Australian Red Cross
- Salvation Army Australia
- Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Victoria Country Fire Authority
- South Australian Country Fire Service
- Kangaroo Island Relief and Recovery Fund
- State Emergency Relief Fund
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- New South Wales Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service
- Wildlife Victoria
Hang out with Carly Ross on Power 96 weekdays 3-7pm!