Zumbrota, MN (KROC-AM News) - A Pine Island man has admitted to felony charges stemming from an investigation into child sexual abuse materials on Snapchat.

Pine Island man enters guilty pleas

Goodhue County court records indicate 20-year-old Landon Elias Rudolph entered guilty pleas today to two counts of use of minors in sexual performance/child sexual abuse material. In exchange, two other felony charges, possession of child pornography will and engaging in electronic communication relating to or describing sexual conduct with a child, were dismissed.

KQCL Power 96 logo
Get our free mobile app

Snapchat investigation leads to charges

According to the criminal complaint against Rudolph, he was charged in May following an investigation by the Zumbrota Police Department, which began a little more than a month earlier after authorities received information that he was sending and receiving sexually explicit photos and videos via Snapchat. The court document says the investigation identified two juvenile female victims.

Popular Smart Phone Apps Of 2016
(Photo by Carl Court/Getty Images)

Two juvenile victims identified

It was alleged that he pressured a 15-year-old girl into sending him nude photos of herself. The criminal complaint says the victim also told investigators that Rudolph sent her sexually explicit images of himself.

The charges allege that the second juvenile victim also sent Rudolph nude photos of herself as well as sexually explicit videos. The criminal complaint says the communications between Rudolph and the two girls occurred between June and October of last year.

What happens next in the case

Rudolph is scheduled to be sentenced in October. His plea agreement calls for a maximum sentence of one year in jail, with credit for the time he spent in jail after his arrest.

More Minnesota News:

Items People Are Prohibited From Bringing Into The 2026 Minnesota State Fair

The 2026 Minnesota State Fair is nearly here, with the "Great Minnesota Get-Together" running Thursday, Aug. 27, through Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 7. If recent years are any indication, the fairgrounds are about to get very busy.

Last year's fair drew 1,940,869 people across its 12-day run — the fifth-highest attendance in the event's history — and it was once again voted the best state fair in America by USA Today readers.

Before you go, the list below is items that will not be allowed into any part of the fairgrounds, as well as additional items that, while they may be allowed into the fairgrounds, are forbidden in the Grandstand for the concerts and events.

Gallery Credit: David Drew