Kenyon-Wanamingo Volleyball Sweeps Bethlehem Academy
The Castle was home to some exciting volleyball tonight when Kenyon-Wanamingo swept Bethlehem Academy by scores of 28-26, 25-23, 25-23.
The Cardinals had 4 set points in the first set but could not put away the hometown Knights.
Bethlehem Academy had a six point lead early and 5 point lead at 18-13, Errors were the story of the match.
My unofficial statistics had the Cardinals with 30 total errors and Knights 19 total mistakes on the night.
BA ended the night with 9 service errors and K-W had 9 ace serves, The Cardinals had 3 ace serves.
The Malecha's Auto Body of Faribault Crunch Time Faribault Players of the Match were Sydney Dienst, senior, Liv Glumack, junior and Claire Wisdo, freshman libero.
The first set Kenyon-Wanamingo had 13 kills, 6 hitting errors with great balance. These are my unofficial statistics.
Addy Lindell, sophomore, had 4 kills, Norah Rechtzigel, senior, 3 kills and ace serve.
Audrey Haugen, sophomore, Carmen Nerison, junior, each had a pair of kills. Rachel Ryan, senior libero had an ace serve and so did Emilie Jarvis, sophomore.
Dienst and Glumack led the hitting attack for the Cardinals with 4 and 6 kills respectively.
In set two it looked like K-W was going to run away when they opened up a 8-1 lead but BA took a lead around the 20 point mark.
Mistakes plagued the Cardinals again with 9 errors compared to 4 for the Knights. Dienst smacked 6 kills, setter Anna Cohen, junior, had 3 kills for BA.
Kenyon-Wanamingo hitters Audrey Haugen, Sophomore, Nora Rechtzigel, senior tallied 4 hits and 5 hits respectively with no errors.
The third set both teams ended with more errors than kills on my ledger. Kenyon-Wanamingo with 8 kills, 9 errors and Bethlehem Academy 8 kills, 11 errors.
Josie Flom, senior, served a pair of aces in the final set along with Carmen Nerison, junior. Anna Syverson, senior, had the other third set ace serve.
Haugen was very efficient on the night with 8 kills, no errors. Rechtzigel had 10 kills, 2 hitting errors. Addie Lindell, 8 kills, 4 hitting errors.
The Knights travel to Blooming Prairie Thursday for a match that will be broadcast on KDHL, 920 AM, 97.9 FM, FREE KDHL app.
Bethlehem Academy goes to Lewiston-Altura for a 7:00 p.m. match on Thursday.
Here are other reported scores from the area Tuesday:
- Rosemount 3 Lakeville South 1
- Prior Lake 3 Burnsville 0
- MSAD 3 Internatonal School of Minnesota 0
- Farmiington 3 Apple Valley 0
- New Prague 3 Jordan 0
- Lakeville North 3 Eastview 2
- Northfield 3 Rochester Century 0 25-18, 25-13, 25-19 Raiders hit .310.
- Cleveland 3 Sibley East 0
- Tri-City United 3 Lester Prairie 0
- Belle Plaine 3 Watertown-Mayer 1
- Hayfield 3 Maple River 0
- Mabel-Canton 3 Houston 0
- Alden-Conger 3 Madelia 0
- Owatonna 3 Austin 1
- Rochester Mayo 3 Mankato West 0 25-16, 25-12, 25-19
- Spring Grove 3 Lanesboro 0
- St. Peter 3 Waseca 0
- Kasson-Mantorville 3 Stewartville 0 25-9, 25-15, 25-15
- Rushford-Peterson 3 Lewiston-Altura 2
- Randolph 3 Waterville-Elysian-Morristown 1
- Pine Island 3 Lake City 1
- Eagan 3 Shakopee 1
- Mankato East 3 Rochester John Marshall 1
- Plainview-Elgin-Millville 3 LaCrescent 0
- Caledonia 3 Wabasha-Kellogg 0
- Southland 3 Kingsland 0
- Triton 3 United South Central 0 25-22, 25-10, 25-13
- Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton 3 Blooming Prairie 0 15-19, 25-22, 25-13
9 Schools in Minnesota Named as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2023