Learn How you Can Help Prevent Suicide this Saturday in Faribault
This Saturday at the Faribault American Legion you can learn how to help prevent suicide with training from safeTALK.
So what is safeTALK? They say on their website that "safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world." TALK stands for Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.
Training is 3 and a half hours long and is taking place in Faribault this Saturday at the Faribault American Legion 8:30 AM until noon. The training is free and is open to individuals 15-years-old and older. You do need to RSVP though. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 641-832-0983.
From the safeTALK website, here's what you would learn at a training session:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
This training is being put on by the SE MN Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Hang out with Carly Ross on Power 96 weekdays 3-7pm!