Minnesota High School League Issues Statement on State Tournaments
Open up the gates. Fire up the band. The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) issued a statement indicating they are "preparing for the full return to our fall state tournaments," said Troy Stein, the vice president of the League's Board of Directors. He added, "I am thrilled to see the work done by league staff."
There were no fall state tournaments in 2020. State tournaments were held with many restrictions and limited fan support for the winter season of 2020-21. Spring tournaments returned to a more normal schedule earlier this year.
The schedule for fall state tournaments:
- Girls tennis, October 26-29, Baseline Tennis Center, U of MN (Class AA) and Reed-Sweatt Tennis Center, south Minneapolis (Class A)
- Boys and girls soccer, October 26-28, November 3-6, various sites, with the championships matches at US Bank Stadium
- Girls and boys cross country, November 6 at St. Olaf College, Northfield
- Volleyball, November 10-13, Xcel Energy Center, downtown St. Paul
- Girls swimming and diving, November 18-20, Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center, University of MN
- Adapted soccer, November 19-20, Stillwater High School
- Football, November 11-13, quarterfinals at various sites, November 18-20, semifinals at US Bank Stadium, November 26-27 Prep Bowl at US Bank Stadium
The fall sports season sees an expansion to four classes for volleyball and to three classes for soccer and cross country.
At their recent meeting, the MSHSL also saw a "preview of the winter state tournament season."
The league continues to "manage the return to full participation through the COVID-19 pandemic."
Read the full text of the MSHSL statement.
NEXT UP: Which is Your Favorite MN Sports Venue?
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America