The 5 Most Hilarious Games to Bring to Your Adult Holiday Party
Over the weekend, I held a 'Friendsmas' game night at my house to celebrate Christmas with some of my favorite people. We ate delicious food, had some adult beverages, listened to Christmas music, and laughed so hard that we couldn't breathe! The laughing was all thanks to the hilarious games that we played.
If you're having an adult holiday party and you're looking for some fun games to play, I'm here to help! Now, I say ADULT holiday party, because most of the games I've chosen are absolutely not appropriate for children. They involve drinking, explicit acting, and some of the most inappropriate conversations you never thought you'd have. In other words, they're a blast! Here are five of my favorites, all tried and true:
- $14.97 on Amazon
- You Laugh, You Drink consists of "150 cards with hilarious prompts" that you act out to make someone laugh. Once you choose your target, you have 30 seconds to do what's on the card. If they break, you win! We played this for the first time this weekend, and not one of us was able to make it the whole 30 seconds. It's so ridiculously awkward that it's almost impossible not to bust out laughing.
- $11.88 from Walmart (currently out of stock)
- Catch Phrase: Uncensored is all the fun of the original Catch Phrase, just with more inappropriate content! The concept in simple: "choose your teams and try to get your teammates to say the displayed phrase of word by giving them clues." The game always starts out pretty quiet, but very quickly results in lots of yelling and laughter. If you can't get your hands on the uncensored version, the original one will definitely do the job!
- $19.99 from Target
- Buzzed is the perfect game to break the ice at any party. It's compact, super easy to play, and hilarious. "Take turns drawing a card, reading it out loud, and drinking based on the prompt." Sometimes I throw it in my purse before going to an event, just in case we need to liven things up!
- $9.99 from Jackbox Games
- In my personal opinion, Quiplash is the GREATEST PARTY GAME OF ALL TIME. First of all, it doesn't include a physical game. You download the game to a computer, smart TV, or gaming device, and then each contestant plays right from their own phone. You're given a specific amount of time to answer a couple of prompts, and once you do, your answers are pitted up against other players. Even if you don't want to "play," you can still take part in the voting!
- $25 from Cards Against Humanity
- Last but not least, there's Cards Against Humanity. If you somehow still haven't played it, you're seriously missing out. The game consists of black cards and white cards. The black cards have a fill-in-the-blank style questions, and the white cards have the most insane answers you've ever seen. If your answer is chosen as the best, you win the round! The best part? There is an endless number of expansion packs with new cards to freshen things up. I highly suggest playing this game with your older relatives for extra hilarity.
What's your favorite party game? Let us know in the comments!