WEM Volleyball Dispatches Hayfield in Under an Hour
The Waterville-Elysian-Morristown Buccaneers continue to dominate their Gopher Conference opponents. Monday night it took approximately 59 minutes to sweep the Hayfield Vikings 25-14, 25-16, 25-16.
The undefeated #2 Class A ranked Bucs were led once again by their outstanding senior outside hitters Kylie Pittman and Toryn Richards. Both had double digit kills and digs on the night.
Richards 21 kills, 11 digs. Pittman 16 kills, 11 digs. Senior setter Ellie Ready had 29 assists. Ready and libero Autumn Taylor each had 2 ace serves. Taylor also had 10 digs. The Waterville-Elysian-Morristown team had 8 ace serves, 4 service errors.
Pittman's attack percentage was .333, Richards had 53 attempts in the 3 sets with a attack percentage of .283.
Riley Sammon contributed in the blocking department with 2 solo and 3 block assists.
Kenyon-Wanamingo had problems getting any offense going against Lake City Monday near the shores of Lake Pepin.
Lake City scored a sweep 25-16, 25-16, 25-18.
Knights statistics had them with 15 total kills, 21 total digs.
K-W welcomed back senior middle hitter 6'0 Hailey Lerfald. The Homecoming Queen contributed 4 blocks and 2 kills in her first match back from a foot injury.
Sophomore outside hitter 5'7 Tessa Erlandson led the team with 5 kills.
Sophomore setter 5'6 Josie Quam had 14 assists.
Junior outside hitter 5'8 Julia Dahl tallied 6 digs, junior libero Rachel Ryan had 5 digs.
Other Hiawatha Valley League action Monday:
- Cannon Falls won in straight sets over Pine Island in the Panthers Lair 25-21, 25-17, 25-22.
- #5 Class AA rated Kasson-Mantorville swept Goodhue 25-18, 25-14, 25-14
- Byron at Rochester Lourdes was postponed.
In Gopher Conference contests Monday:
- Bethlehem Academy downed #10 Class A Medford in 4 sets winning the first two 25-23, 25-22, Tigers won the third set 25-23 before the Cardinals captured the 4th set 25-20.
- New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva edged Blooming Prairie in the Awesome Blossoms Garden 3-2.
CHECK IT OUT: 13 Life-Changing Products Invented in Minnesota