Faribault Girls Hockey Rolls to 9-3 Win in Rochester
The Faribault Falcons girls hockey team snapped a two game losing streak Thursday with a 9-3 win over the Rochester John Marshall Rockets at the Rochester Rec Center. Junior Olivia Williamson had a 5 point night with two goals and three assists for the Falcons. Junior Haley Lang added 4 points with a pair of goals and a pair of assists. Faribault had 46 shots on goal and John Marshall 17.
Falcon senior Kayli Burkhartzmeyer opened the scoring :32 into the game with a goal assisted by Abigail Goodwin. Eleven seconds later Faribault went up 2-0 when Haley Lang scored an unassisted goal. The Rockets would answer with three goals to take the lead 3-2. At 1:30 Ally Halvorson scored unassisted. 2:47 Greta Freed was unassisted and 2:51 Halverson scored again assisted by Freed and Ashley Koehler.
Faribault collected a power play goal from Rylie Starkson (6) assisted by Lang at 4:18 and took the lead for good at 9:52 when Ashley Rost (2) scored an unassisted goal. The first period shots were 16-5 in favor of Faribault. The score was Falcons 4 and Rockets 3.
Faribault added 3 second period goals while outshooting John Marshall 15-7. Senior Ellie Knutson (3) was assisted by Lang (7) and Williamson 5:21 into the period. Williamson scored a shorthanded goal at 7:30 and Goodwin (3) tallied a goal assisted by Williamson (11) and Burkhartzmeyer (3) at 13:41.
The Falcons scored their final two goals in the third period. Lang at 13:37 assisted by Williamson and Anna Selly (2). Williamson with :15 seconds left in the game unassisted.
Faribault was 1 for 2 on the power play and Rochester John Marshall 0 for 4.
The Falcons are still in first place in the Big Nine Conference. Two points ahead of Northfield after the Raiders win over Mankato East Thursday night.
In other girls hockey Thursday;
- Northfield 5 Mankato East 2 For Northfield Lizzy Morsching has 1 goal and 2 assists, Jessica Boland 1 goal and 2 assists and Kate Boland 1 goal and 1 assist. The Raiders were 3 of 4 on the power play and the Cougars 0 for 1. Shots on goal were 37-16 in favor of Northfield.
- Rochester Century 5 Red Wing 4
- Mankato West 4 Rochester Mayo 2
- Eagan 1 Burnsville 0
- Albert Lea 2 Austin 0
- Lakeville South 2 Shakopee 1
- Lakeville North 4 Prior Lake 0
- Apple Valley 2 Farmington 2 (OT)
- Eastview 4 Rosemount 1
- White Bear Lake 3 Rochester Lourdes 2 (OT)
- Hastings 10 Dodge County 0