Free COVID-19 Testing In Waseca This Week
The State of Minnesota announced that there will be free testing this week in Waseca for COVID-19. The barrier-free event will happen on both Wednesday and Thursday this week at the Waseca County Fairgrounds. Testing will be open to members of the public from noon to 6pm each day.
Last week's reported data showed Waseca County was above the 50 cases per 10,000 resident threshold (72.84) for what the Department of Education suggests for having any sort of schooling done in person.
The Waseca County Department of Health shared an email announcement of the upcoming testing this morning. The tests are free, and open to anyone who wants to be tested whether or not they may have symptoms of COVID-19. It is being recommended that you make an appointment for the event in order to keep wait times short. You can make your reservation here.
What should you bring to the test?
- Wear a mask or face covering if you can.
- Bring your confirmation text or email if you can. (if you make an appointment)
- You do not need to show identification or insurance information.
All of the tests will be taking place at the 4-H building #6. The address is:
409 Eighth Ave NE
Waseca, MN 56093
According to the Minnesota Department of Health in regards to these types of community tests:
- You should get your results back in 2-3 days. Sometimes there are laboratory delays. If you don’t get your results, call 1-855-612-0677 for assistance.
- If your test is negative: You will receive a text and/or email notifying you that you can access your results online. If you do not have access to the internet, there will be a number you can call for your results.
- If your test is positive: You will receive a phone call from the nurse triage line. Please make sure to answer your phone.
According to the Department of Health website these types of events are called "Community testing" and they are "designed to serve the local community. If you live farther away, we encourage you to get tested at your local clinic. For help finding a nearby location, see Find Testing Locations."