You’ll Be Spooked Out at Ultimate Haunted Minnesota Hotel Halloween Concert
Halloween is less than 100 days away. For some, that's a sigh of relief you hear, plenty of time to wait 'til the last minute to find a costume and make plans. BUT, for those that plan ahead, it's barely enough time to get tickets for the spookiest music event in Minnesota.
October 27, 2022, at the St. Paul Athletic Club, it's Candlelight: A Haunted Evening of Halloween Classics.
"Candlelight concerts bring the magic of a live, multi-sensory musical experience to awe-inspiring locations like never seen before in St Paul. Get your tickets now to discover the spookiest Halloween-inspired music at the St. Paul Athletic Club under the gentle glow of candlelight."
The Program is an hour long and will be performed by the Listeso String Quartet. Tickets are $33 - $60, click HERE to purchase.
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- Funeral March of a Marionette - Charles Gounod
- String Quartet No. 8 in C Minor (Dresden Quartet), Op. 110: II - Allegro Molto and III - Allegretto - Dmitri Shostakovich
- Marche Funèbre - Frédéric Chopin
- Stranger Things (Theme) - S U R V I V E
- Beetlejuice (Theme) - Danny Elfman
- The Addams Family (Theme) - Vic Mizzy
- Halloween (Theme) - John Carpenter
- Psycho (Prelude) - Bernard Herrmann
- Ghostbusters (Theme) - Ray Parker Jr.
- Danse Macabre - Camille Saint-Saëns
- Night on Bald Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky
- Der Erlkönig - Franz Schubert
- This Is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas - Danny Elfman
- In the Hall of the Mountain King - Edvard Grieg Performers
I Don't Know A Thing About the Saint Paul Athletic Club
The Saint Paul Athletic Club was built in 1917 and is absolutely a product of its time. And I mean that in a good way. From their website,
The Saint Paul Athletic Club wasn’t just an important building for the city of Saint Paul; it also garnered national attention. There wasn’t a finer space under construction for 1,000 miles. President Wilson himself pushed a button in the White House, releasing a wrecking ball that made way for this magnificent building.
It took just over a year to build the Saint Paul Athletic Club. Construction funding (over $1 million in 1917 dollars) was raised from the founders selling bonds to other members and supporters. If this building were built today, some estimates put the cost at $75 million.
It closed in the 1980s, and after a long long time, after much deterioration and damage from the elements, it was purchased, restored, and is truly a sight to behold today.
A boutique hotel, Hotel 340, is part of the Saint Paul Athletic Club, and I've stayed there a few times. Very cool, historic, and affordable. Booking a room for the night would add to the fun because they are unique rooms.
One More Note
Are you worried about the candles being flammable? On the event FAQ page, I give you something I've never once asked...
Are the candles flammable?
No, for the safety of our audience, all of the candlelight will be provided through flameless candles.
If you love historic buildings, then you will love this home for sale in Rochester, Minnesota.
Amazing 110-Year Old Kutzky Park Home for Sale - Just $220,000
- Home is in the Community Land Trust program (homeowner owns home and improvements. $25/month land lease, Income guidelines)
- Amazing Balcony off of the master bedroom.
- All three bedrooms on the upper floor
- Bonus room on the top floor that could be a fourth bedroom.
- Original woodwork also stained glass.
- Sunroom off the kitchen and dining room
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org