Here Are Songs With 20-Second Choruses For Handwashing
With the second confirmed case of Coronavirus being announced yesterday, one of the best ways to combat the unwanted virus, according to the World Health Organization, is to wash your hands frequently.
"Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands." WHO website
With all that hand scrubbing, which it is recommended you wash your hands for 20 seconds, you'll need some sort of timer to know when you've reached that 20-second threshold. So here are some songs that have about 20-second choruses. Just sing, or hum, along with these and you'll be helping to protect yourself against not just the Coronavirus, but other viruses and disease.
Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
My Sharona - The Knack
^^Just use a verse on this one^^
Not sure you're washing your hands right? The CDC has these 5-tips for you to make sure you are doing it right.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.