Rice County Highway Shop Expansion Discussed
The Rice County Board of Commissioners met as a Committee of the Whole today to conduct a work session. Among the topics discussed was the renovation and expansion of the Highway Shop in Faribault.
In 2018 the Rice County Commissioners approved development of plans for the Faribault Highway Shop renovation and expansion. Wold Architects and Engineers were hired to develop plans.
Those plans were discussed at the Committee of the Whole Work Session today with County Highway Engineer Dennis Luebbe included in the discussion.
Included here is the 94 page Rice County Agenda Packet. The site plan is on page 81.
Luebbe told Commissioners he would be seeking official approval by the Board at the August 27 meeting to advertise for the project.
In addition Commissioners also heard outside agency budget appropriations requests for 2020 from seven organizations including:
- Rice County Soil and Water Conservation District asking for $220,383. A 4% increase from this year and 39% of their budget.
- Hope Center $9,000.
- Buckham West (formerly Faribault Senior Center) $6,750. This year received $6,000
- Lonsdale Public Library $23,375 requested. 2019 appropriation was $21,250
- Rice County Agricultura Society (Rice County Fair) requesting same appropriation as this year $20,000 + Insurance costs.
- Southern Minnesota Emergency Medical Services is requesting $5,000.
- Fifty North (formerly Northfield Senior Center) $5,300. This year received $4,300.