Rockets Softball Defeats Kenyon-Wanamingo
Randolph Rockets freshman pitcher Carter Raymond held Kenyon-Wanamingo hitters to 3 hits tonight in a 9-0 win in Wanamingo.
The Rockets had 11 hits in the game while committing no errors. The Knights had 3 errors in the game. The game was called after 5 innings.
Four Randolph players had 2 hits each off K-W sophmore Josie Flom who was coming off a 1-0 masterpiece win over then red-hot Bethlehem Academy last Friday.
Randolph slugged 4 doubles in the game. Carly Kimmes, Carter Raymond, Chloe Vought and Ella Banks had those.
Vought, Raymond each had a pair of RBI along with 2 hits.
The Rockets blasted around the bases with 10 steals led by Kimmes with 2 and Vienna Anderson with 2. Flom had Kenyon-Wanamingo's only stolen base.
Flom allowed 11 hits, 9 runs, 3 earned with 6 strikeouts and 4 walks. She threw 112 pitches, 71 for strikes.
Raymond struck out 10, walked no batters, throwing 72 pitches, 53 for strikes while facing 3 batters over the minimum.
Flom. Rachel Ryan and Emma Paulson had the hits for Kenyon-Wanamingo.
The Knights go to Triton Thursday for a 4:30 p.m. game.
The defending Class A State Champion Rockets are now 13-4 and host Maple River Thursday 4:30 p.m.
Other reported schools from the area:
- St. Peter 11 Faribault 1
- Mankato East 10 Rochester Century 1
- Hopkins 4 Mankato West 3
- Glenville-Emmons-Alden-Conger 21 Albert Lea 18
- Bethlehem Academy 10 Blooming Prairie 8
- New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva 11 Maple River 0
- Waterville-Elysian-Morristown 9 Medford 5
- Plainview-Elgin-Millville 13 Triton 7
- Shakopee 9 Eastview 8
- Prior Lake 16 Apple Valley 6, Prior Lake 18 Apple Valley 3
- Rosemount 8 Lakeville North 4
- Byron 4 Cannon Falls 2
- Red Wing 16 Lake City 2
- Kasson-Mantorville 11 Stewartville 0
- St. Charles 7 Wabasha-Kellogg 1, St. Charles 8 W-K 7
- Lakeville South at Eagan postponed
- St. Louis Park at New Prague cancelled
- Tri-City United 22 Waseca 1
- Pine Island at Zumbrota-Mazeppa postoned
- Caledonia/Spring Grove 14 Lewiston-Altura 9
There was some rough weather in the region last night. This is interesting.