WATCH: How To Properly Wear A Face Mask
As it has become more and more common to see people wearing masks out in public, it also become more common to see the people wearing the masks, wearing them wrong. As a way to help curb the spread of COVID-19, here is a video that was done by KARE-11 in the Twin Cities on the proper way to wear a face mask.
Some do's and don't's with wearing a face mask, whether it is a cloth mask or a medical mask.
- Do wear a face mask cover to remind yourself not to touch your face and to help prevent the spread of germs from droplets.
- Cover your nose and mouth with the mask, leaving your nose or mouth uncovered doesn't help curb the spread
- Only touch the ear 'loops' rather than the mask itself
- Don't stop washing your hands because you have a mask
- Don't stop social distancing because you are wearing a mask
- Don't wear a mask if it is soiled or damp, and do not reuse a single-use mask.
Get more mask tips here.
About this post, recently the CDC made the suggestion that people wear masks in places where social distancing proves to be difficult like grocery stores. Per the CDC.gov website "CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
*If you are going to wear a mask, wear it right, and respect the decision of others who choose NOT to wear a mask.