Faribault Positives Discussed on AM Minnesota 10-23-17
We attempt to do a lot of AM Minnesota programs that emphasize good things that happen in Faribault but today that will be the entire focus of the program.
Retired educators Dee Musselman and Cheryl Freund will be joined by Faribault High School senior Claire Drentlaw in talking about what makes Faribault a great place to live.
I moved here in 1987 and have had a couple opportunities to go elsewhere.
Obviously I haven't because frankly I've lived here longer than anywhere else in my life and I love it here.
Faribault has so much to offer.
- How many cities have a park like Alexander Park to enjoy ? Many other great parks are also here.
- The BMX Track provides another outlet for youth to expend their energies in a positive fashion.
- River Bend Nature Center is an awesome place to learn about the natural world around us.
- Show me another community the size of Faribault with the educational opportunities available. From the public schools, Bethlehem Academy, Shattuck and the State Schools for the Blind and Deaf.
- Central Park Band Shell is another jewel of the community.
- Paradise Center for the Arts provides a hub for top notch entertainment and a place to learn about various artistic endeavors.
- Burkhartzmeyer Shoes, Erickson Furniture and so many other locally owned retail stores are located downtown and throughout the Faribault community.
- Both Faribault Funeral Homes are locally owned and operated. Boldt and Parker-Kohl.
- The Buckham Center includes a Senior Center, Library and Recreation Center all in one location.
- Faribault churches represent all faiths.
I'm sure our guests will have more to add to the list. How about you ?
If you can't tune in 9:30 a.m. today then go to our YouTube channel and watch the program at your leisure www.youtube.com/user/KDHLRadio,