It’s A Twin Cities Road Construction Weekend.
You will experience traffic headaches this weekend if you're heading to Saturday's Kenny Chesney concert at US Bank Stadium or the Loons' match at TCF Bank Stadium. You'll also find road closures in the vicinity of St. Paul's Cinco de Mayo celebration on Cesar Chavez Street (don't forget about the rock slide blockage on nearby Wabasha Street and the In the Heart of the Beasts May Day Parade and festival Sunday in Powderhorn Park in south Minneapolis.
According to the Star Tribune here is what you will face:
1. Interstate 94: Closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday between I-394 and I-35W. Related closures include the ramps from eastbound I-394 to westbound I-94 and northbound Lyndale Avenue to westbound I-94.
2. Portland Avenue: Closed from 7 p.m. Friday until 7 p.m. Sunday from 15th to 31st streets. Detour is via Chicago Avenue.
3. Penn Avenue N.: Three closures related to the construction of the C-Line bus rapid transit line are in place: 26th to Lowry avenues, 17th to 21st avenues and 12th to 14th avenues.
4. University Avenue NE.: Closed from Lowry Avenue to 44th Avenue NE. in Columbia Heights.
5. Wabasha Street: Plato Boulevard to Cesar Chavez due to a rock slide.
6. Hwy. 149/Smith Avenue in St. Paul: The High Bridge as its known is shut down until December.
7. Interstate 35 in Forest Lake: Northbound will be reduced to two lanes from Hwy. 97 to Hwy. 8 through August. Ramps at Hwy. 97 and Broadway will remain open.
8. Hwy. 10 in Elk River: Eastbound reduced to one lane and westbound to two lanes and sometimes one for between Joplin Street and Upland Avenue.
9. Hwy. 169 in Champlin: Expect periodic lane closures between Hwy. 610 and East Hayden Lake Road ahead of major reconstruction set to start Monday. Single lane traffic will be in place by 8 p.m. Sunday, MnDOT says.
10. Hwy. 95 in Afton: Closed between Bailey Road and 70th Street from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
11. Hwy. 50 in Farmington: Closed 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday between Hwys. 3 and 52. Starting Monday, single lane flagging operations will occur between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily through late August.
12.. 66th Street in Richfield: Closed to through traffic between Cedar and Xerxes avenues S.