Faribault Girls Hockey Wins Home Opener
The Faribault Falcon girls hockey team captured their first win of the season in their home opener Tuesday night 5-0 over the St. Paul Blades.
Sophomore Olivia Williamson recorded a hat trick and senior goalie Camryn Salmonsen stopped all 11 of the Blades shots for the shut out win.
Faribault had 46 shots on goal.
All Faribault goals came at even strength.
Williamson collected her first goal :28 into the game with no assist. She would score again at the 8:02 mark of the first period on an assist from sophomore Haley Lang.
Williamson's third goal was scored at 12:41 of the third period with assists to senior Allyson McCoshen and seventh grader Bergen Williamson.
Freshman Emily Wilder scored 2:15 into the second period assisted by junior Ellie Knutson and Lang scored :28 into the third period unassisted.
The Falcons had 17 shots in the first period, 16 in the second period and 13 in the third period while holding St. Paul to 1 shot in the first, 4 in the second and 6 in the third.
The St. Paul Blades were 0 for 2 on the power play and Faribault was 0 for 3.
The Falcons are now 1-3 and play at Albert Lea Thursday night.
The Falcon boys lost their home and season opener 7-0 to Rochester Mayo after the girls win at the Faribault Ice Arena.
Other girls hockey scores:
- Mankato West 6 Rochester Century 0
- Hutchinson 8 Mankato East/Loyola 0
- Farmington 7 Owatonna 1
- Northfield 5 New Prague 4 (OT)
- Mayo 10 Austin 3
- Hill-Murray 4 Lakeville South 1
- Henry Sibley 4 Rosemount 0
- Burnsville 4 North/Tartan 0
- Mahtomedi 3 Apple Valley 2
Boys hockey scores November 28:
- Winona 6 Lacrescent 1
- Hill-Murray 3 Burnsville 2
- Rochester Lourdes 2 New Ulm 1 (OT)
- Mankato East/Loyola 4 hutchinson 2
- New Prague 5 Bloomington Kennedy 3
- Albert Lea 5 Austin 1
- Mankato West 6 Minnesota River 5 (OT)