Randolph Softball Gets Big Day From Kimmes
The Randolph Rockets defeated Triton 10-2 Tuesday evening at the West Concord Softball Field.
The Rockets were led by Carly Kimmes with a 3 hit, 4 RBI day including two doubles.
Randolph scored two runs in the second. Triton evened the score with 2 runs in the third inning.
The Rockets blasted away for good in the bottom of the 4th inning with 4 runs. Allie Gillette singled to start the onslaught. Kimmes doubled on a 1-1 count scoring a run and Kylee Carey singled for a RBI.
Carter Raymond was in the pitching circle for Randolph going 5 innings with 3 hits allowed, 7 strikeouts, no walks. Raymond threw 51 pitches, 40 strikes. Vienna Anderson threw the final two innings scattering 4 hits with 1 walk and 4 strikeouts.
Anderson threw 38 pitches, 24 for strikes.
Kylee Carey clubbed a couple hits with an RBI. Gillette scored twice after a pair of hits and an RBI. Raymond had a couple hits.
The Rockets ended the game with 12 hits. Triton had 7. Each team had 1 error.
Kai Zill took the loss for Triton while toeing the rubber. Zill allowed 12 hits, 10 runs over 7 innings. 6 earned with 5 walks, 7 strikeouts.
Triton had 6 stolen bases in the game while Randolph had 9.
Randolph is scheduled to play Faribault Bethlehem Academy Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. The game will be broadcast on KDHL 920 AM, 97.9 FM and worldwide on KDHL app.
Other area reported softball scores include:
- Mankato West 18 Faribault 0
- Winona 6 Owatonna 3
- Mankato East 14 Rochester John Marshall 0
- Northfield 22 Austin 2
- Rocheser Mayo 5 Red Wing 4
- Rochester Century 1 Albert Lea 0
- Hayfield 11 Blooming Prairie 1
- Glenville-Emmons/Alden-Conger 16 Kenyon-Wanamingo 1
- Farmington 3 Lakeville South 2
- Shakopee 10 Waconia 0
- Cannon Falls 13 Rochester Lourdes 0
- Chatfield 10 Fillmore Central/Lanesboro 0
- New Ulm 13 Waseca 0
- Jordan 3 Mound Westonka 2
- LeSueur-Henderson 2 Norwood-Young America 0
- N-YA 8 L-H 4
- Belle Plaine 11 Tri-City United 1
- Belle Plaine 14 TCU 0
- St. Charles 2 Cotter 0
This is pretty cool stuff.
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history